The barque Hioma, which was built in Suursadam, Hiiumaa and was the first Estonian vessel to sail around Cape Horn, returned to its home in 1857.
The dignified customhouse that witnessed this historic event has now been turned into a beautiful guesthouse.
The rooms are spacious and luxurious, and are named after historical persons and ships of Hiiumaa: Count of Ungru’s room, Ebba Margaretha’s room, the Hioma room, and Andreas room. The guesthouse has a barbecue and offers a beautiful view of the sea.
In the summer months, the excellent Ungru Restaurant on the ground floor of the house can be visited.
Come and visit the magical Hiiumaa!